Incident Command System Courses
- ICS 100: A half day introduction to the ICS System.
- ICS 200: A two day course which covers all the basics of the ICS including terminology, standard processes and responsibilities.
- ICS 300: A three day course designed to cover all the skills required by someone who may take on a supervisory role within ICS during an incident.
- ICS 400: A two day advanced course for those likely to be the commander at large scale multi agency incidents.
- ICS 402: A two hour briefing covering the knowledge required by senior executives.
All our courses are taught by accredited ICS Canada instructors who have a minimum of 15 years experience working at emergency incidents. They will customize the content to your particular audience and bring the course to life through personal anecdotes and hands on exercises. You will receive an ICS Canada Certificate on successful completion of any ICS Canada course.
Leading the Incident Courses
- Decision Making For Leaders: A one day course focused on making critical, time sensitive decisions.
- Planning for Incidents: A one day course for those involved in planning your organization’s response to an incident.
- Setting Up and Running an Emergency Operations Centre (EOC): We will customize the course to either one or two days depending on your exact needs, the size of your organization and the maturity of your emergency management program. It covers both the creation and running of an effective EOC.
Provide a clear understanding of how communication should flow between the emergency site and the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
For those who will face the media, learn the critical messaging components of “conviction, compassion, and accountability” through live on-camera training and simulations.